90-Day Success Cycle
All life operates on some sort of cycle… The changing of the seasons, from spring to summer to fall to winter, and then back to spring again every year. The phases of the moon… The rise and fall of the tides… And the way your Network Marketing business will be built. Indeed, in Network Marketing we too have a constant and predictable cycle we need to follow.
Let’s review that cycle, keeping in mind as we do, that our number one goal is to keep the main thing the main thing. And what is the main thing? Simply this: How many times today will your company’s story be told by you, by one of your distributors, by a 3rd-party tool, or by an event?Learn to track that, and you can build a financial wall around your family nothing can get through.
So what is The 90-Day Success Cycle and how should you be using it to your advantage?
The 90-Day Success Cycle looks like this:
- Your daily appointments feed into your weekly events.
- Your weekly events feed into your monthly trainings.
- Your monthly trainings feed into your quarterly regional conferences.
- Your quarterly conferences complete The 90-Day Success Cycle, after which the cycle is repeated again.
Let’s put some numbers to this, and then discuss the psychology behind the numbers. Then we’ll review the single most important element of The 90-Day Success Cycle: Taking inventory.
If we were to add in the numbers (or people) to these four above-mentioned steps, it might look something like this:
- Your daily appointments include you, your prospect, and (perhaps) your workout partner—for a maximum of three people. The presentations are 15 – 30 minutes in length, and are designed to advance your prospect to the next event. Your daily appointments feed into your weekly team conference calls, home meetings, or hotel opportunity events.
- Your weekly events include you, two to ten guests, and your workout partner (or someone to give the presentation) for a maximum of twelve people. These presentations are about 30 – 45 minutes in length, and are designed to enroll your prospects, or to further your prospects’ interest to attend your next event—as some prospects may still want more information. Your weekly events feed into your monthly trainings.
- Your monthly trainings should include all distributors within a four-hour drive, be conducted by as many local leaders as you can easily fit on the agenda, and usually include an out-of-town-expert, leader, or keynote speaker. These trainings cover the basics of the business, and may include between 100 – 1,000+ distributors. Your monthly trainings feed into your quarterly regional, national, or international conferences…
- Your quarterly conferences complete The 90-Day Success Cycle, after which the process is then repeated. These events are usually put on by key leadership, and/or your Company, and include 200 – 2,000+ distributors, over a two-day period of time—requiring most distributors to travel 1,000 miles or more from home. The reason you attend these regional, national, or international conferences, is to transform yourself from “being in the business” to “the business being in you.” This emotional transformation is what secures your financial future.
Now here are a few thoughts on taking inventory: After every major event you probably have a 90-day window of time until your next major event. This is the time to call all your key distributors and inquire: 1) Are they planning to attend the next major event? 2) What title do they want to achieve by the next conference? 3) What do they want to be earning by the next conference? and 3) How many distributors will be joining them at the next major event?
Building A Business That Lasts
- Work in 90-Day cycles. Enough said.
- Understand your prospecting and sponsoring success is simply the result of providing your prospect with multiple exposures over a short period of time.
- The main reason you hold an event is to promote the next event. And you should attend every event.
- Get to an event of 2,000+ distributors, held over a two-day period of time, 1,000 miles away, as soon as possible! Because, again, this will help to create the emotional transformation that will secure your financial future.
- Take inventory after every major event, and then repeat The 90-Day Success Cycle.
And yet, when all is said and done, you must continue to ask yourself, “Am I keeping the main thing the main thing?” And what is the main thing? Simply this: How many times today will your company’s story be told by you, by one of your distributors, by a tool, or by an event? Learn to track that, and you can build a financial wall around your family nothing can get through.
All the best,